ND Industries’ reactive thread locking processes apply dry-to-the-touch chemical adhesives to your internally or externally threaded fasteners. During fastener installation, the microencapsulated components mix together, causing a chemical reaction which locks and seals the mating parts. With ND’s Expand-A-Lock formula a 20-50% material expansion also occurs, filling the gaps between mating fastener threads and creating the highest strength threadlocker available.
Benefits of Pre-Applied Reactive Thread Locking & Sealing Nuts include:
- Lock nuts do not require part orientation
- Will not weaken the fastener though cutting or deformation required for some other locking elements
- Allows for the use of a shorter bolt, thus decreasing weight of the assembly
- Can be customized by ND processing centers to meet your technical specifications
- Are a cost effective solution when compared to hand applied bottled product or lock washers
Contact ND to learn more about our nut pre-application process and available formulations.